How To Choose The Right Dental Implant for You
Dental implants are a savior if you’ve lost one or more teeth to natural causes or an accident. Boasting a 90% success rate, they’re the go-to option to replace your missing teeth.
But what are dental implants?
Dental implants, usually made up of titanium, are a permanent solution that will be surgically placed into the jawbone. It acts as artificial tooth roots and provides a stable foundation for the replacement teeth.
It helps preserve your bone structure and prevent any bone loss that might cause changes in your overall facial structure. Interestingly, several dental implant types are based on an individual’s dental needs and overall oral health.
This blog walks you through the different types of dental implants and guides you in selecting the right appliance for you. Let’s get started.
Types Of Dental Implants
Based on your age, oral health, medical history, and lifestyle habits, dentists in whiteville Shallotte NC will recommend any of these options:
- Root form-dental implants: First, we have the root form-dental implants. Under this procedure, a titanium implant is placed straight into the bone to give you a natural feel. Moreover, the results are long-lasting since the implant is placed in your jawbone. These implants are a preferred procedure for individuals with strong bone density.
- Subperiosteal dental implants: Next, we have the subperiosteal dental implants. These implants are positioned above the jawbone and recommended if your bone cannot support a titanium implant. Besides, these implants are customized to fit your jawbone properly.
- The place-form implant: Next, we have the place-form implant. As the name suggests, these implants use means other than your jaw. Moreover, these implants are only suggested if your jaw lacks the width or strength to sustain any other form of implant.
- The ramus-frame dental implant: Last, we have the ramus-frame dental implant. These dental appliances are recommended by those with a weak or narrow jawbone. This is among the least invasive and discrete dental appliances of all types.
So now that we have an idea of the different carolina dental implants in Shallotte NC, let’s understand the significance of choosing the right appliance in the following section.
Importance Of Choosing The Right Dental Implant
Choosing the correct dental implant is crucial to ensure the success and longevity of the implant. Although dental implants are an excellent option to replace missing teeth, they require careful planning and placement.
Here are some reasons why choosing the right dental implant is important:
- Implant success: Proper dental implant can increase the chances of successful implantation. When your dental implant is placed correctly, with the proper size, shape, and material, it can help improve the process of osseointegration, where the implant fuses with the jawbone.
- Comfort: The right dental implant can offer you comfort and stability. When an appropriately sized and shaped dental implant is placed, it can provide greater comfort and stability over any ill-fitting or improperly placed implants.
- Durability: Choosing the right dental implant also contributes to its durability. If you choose high-quality dental implants made of strong, durable materials, they can last for decades with proper care.
- Functionality: Dental implants help in restoring the proper functions of the mouth, like biting, chewing, and speaking. So choosing the right implant designed and positioned to provide the necessary support and strength is important for normal dental function.
- Aesthetics: Choosing the correct dental implant would help enhance your smile and add a shine to your face. They are made in a manner to blend in well with the natural teeth.
Takeaway Tips Before Undergoing Procedure
Consult with a dental professional:
Schedule an appointment with an experienced dental professional in dental implant procedures. They can examine your mouth and determine if you are a good candidate for dental implants, as only some are eligible.
Consider the type of dental implant:
Different types of dental implants are available, including traditional implants, mini implants, and immediate load implants. It is essential to discuss the options with your dentist so that you understand the pros and cons of all the options before making a choice.
Evaluate your oral health:
The success of dental implants depends on your oral health. Your gums should be healthy and have enough bone density to support the implant. If you have oral health issues, your dentist may recommend additional treatments before the implant procedure, like bone grafting, reshaping, or smoothening of the jaw to prepare it for implant surgery.
Evaluate the recovery process:
The recovery process after a dental implant procedure can take several weeks to several months, depending on the type of implant. You should consider your work and lifestyle to determine if you can take time off for recovery.
Consider the dentist’s experience:
Choose a dental professional with experience in dental implant procedures. They should have a good track record of successful implant procedures.
This brings us to the end of our article on the different types of dental implants and the need to get the best implant. Considering these factors, you can decide which dental implant procedure is right for you. We always suggest you discuss your preferences and concerns with your dentist for guidance.